Wireless technologies are now being used for almost everything including wireless security cameras. Being wireless makes the security cameras easy to install, especially in places where running wires is not convenient or maybe not possible. HD wireless cameras do not require a lot of bandwidth for the video stream, so transfer speed is not a concern. Wireless cameras work excellently and reliably.
The main concern with these cameras is the quality of the stream. Cheap models use poor quality cameras that have low resolutions and seem to be a bit laggy. While this means that the output video files are smaller and easier to store there are some inconveniences caused by the poor image quality. Cameras that have higher resolutions generate larger files. This means you’ll get a more detailed recording, but more storage is needed. Higher resolution cameras are usually more expensive. But, for that added cost, in addition to higher resolution, they often come with infrared sensor or motion sensors.
Out of all the models available on the market we have selected 10 that offer a good combination between pricing and video quality. Also in some cases, kits made of multiple cameras seem to offer a much better deal. With no further ado here are the top 10 best wireless security cameras in 2017 review.
Table of Contents
- 9. PHYLINK PLC-128PW 720P HD Covert IP Camera, Wireless Mini Pinhole Spy Camera, Wi-Fi, POE, Built-in Micro SD Card Slot, Motion Detection, Email Alert, Free Apps for iOS/ Android, PC and Mac compatible
- 8. Funlux® Mini WiFi 720P HD – Wireless IP Surveillance Camera – Two Way Audio Home Security Camera – 115 Degree Wide Viewing Angle – Plug & Play
- 7. Smallest Wireless Pinhole Home Security Cam Camera /w Night Vision
- 6. MiSafes WiFi Baby Pet Video Monitors 1280x720p Wireless Security Camera HD Remote Home Surveillance Indoor Cameras with 2 Way Audio Talk for iPhone iPad Android Samsung Sony LG (White)
- 5. AGPtek HD video Mega pixels Wireless Indoor CCTV IR Security WIFI IP Network Camera Nightvision IR-Cut compatible with PC iPhone Samsung iPad Tablett, (1280 x 720p)Digital Zoom, plug/play, Pan/Tilt, Two-Way Audio, Mail Notification, Night Vision, Motion Detection – Black/WhiteAGPtek HD Wireless Indoor Camera
- 4. Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System – 2 HD, 100% Wire-Free, Indoor/Outdoor Cameras with Night Vision (VMS3230) by NETGEAR
- 3. Aurosports Mini HD 720P Wireless Wifi IP Camera Security camera with Infrared Night Vision/built in Loudspeaker support 32GB （Memory Card Not include）
- 2. D-Link Day & Night Wi-Fi Camera with Remote Viewing (DCS-932L)
- 1. Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P (1920TVL) WiFi IP Security Camera, Black
9. PHYLINK PLC-128PW 720P HD Covert IP Camera, Wireless Mini Pinhole Spy Camera, Wi-Fi, POE, Built-in Micro SD Card Slot, Motion Detection, Email Alert, Free Apps for iOS/ Android, PC and Mac compatible
The PHYLINK is not a traditional surveillance camera. It was made to be so small that it can be hidden with great ease. It has a 720p camera capable of capturing high quality video streams. It supports regular wi-fi networks and comes with a 26 feet power cable. The model has even a built-in micro SD card slot that can be used to store footage.
Like all other cameras it can be accessed over wireless networks directly in a browser. It even comes with a smartphone app that works on iOS and Android devices.
8. Funlux® Mini WiFi 720P HD – Wireless IP Surveillance Camera – Two Way Audio Home Security Camera – 115 Degree Wide Viewing Angle – Plug & Play
Funlux Mini is yet another compact surveillance camera that provides high quality video stream and offers multiple tools for monitoring. It has its own dedicated app that can be installed on Android and iOS devices. Its camera sensor offers 720p video streams.
What is different about the cam is the fact that it has a wide 115 degree viewing angle. Also, being so small makes it very easy to place it anywhere around a house.
The JMC surveillance system is an excellent wireless camera for the ones that need something discreet and easy to install. It is just a bit bigger than a thumb nail. The online downside is the fact that the video quality is not that great when compared with other models. What it has good going for it is the extremely small form factor and its low price.
As expected it is a wireless camera and does not have a microphone. A bit plus is the fact that it works on batteries or with an AC adapter that is included in the kit.
6. MiSafes WiFi Baby Pet Video Monitors 1280x720p Wireless Security Camera HD Remote Home Surveillance Indoor Cameras with 2 Way Audio Talk for iPhone iPad Android Samsung Sony LG (White)
Misafes wireless smart camera is a great option for the ones that need to improve their home security. The model has a modern and stylish design with a small 720p camera that provides crystal clear images.
As with other decent models it has its own Android and iOS app that can be used to control the camera. It is compatible with regular Wi-Fi networks and it is quite easy to install and configure. The model also has a built-in mic that helps record audio into the footage.
5. AGPtek HD video Mega pixels Wireless Indoor CCTV IR Security WIFI IP Network Camera Nightvision IR-Cut compatible with PC iPhone Samsung iPad Tablett, (1280 x 720p)Digital Zoom, plug/play, Pan/Tilt, Two-Way Audio, Mail Notification, Night Vision, Motion Detection – Black/WhiteAGPtek HD Wireless Indoor Camera
The AGPtek HD wireless camera is one of the premium products that uses and advanced 720p sensor to capture high quality video feeds. The model can be controlled from a simple web browser or from a smartphone. It has its own dedicated app. As expected it can be connected to a regular home wireless network.
One of its extra feature is its night vision mode that can be used to capture clear footage even when there is no light in the room. Also it can pan and tilt remotely using the app.
4. Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System – 2 HD, 100% Wire-Free, Indoor/Outdoor Cameras with Night Vision (VMS3230) by NETGEAR
Arlo offers premium products that might seem expensive but the quality of their video surveillance systems are difficult to match. Their system includes two small HD cameras that can stream video feeds in real time over a wireless network to its dedicated smartphone app or to a computer via a web browser. The footage can be stored on a network attached drive.
The model is fairly easy to setup and install and works on batteries if required. Given the fact that they have a compact form factor and can work completely wireless makes them extremely mobile and easy to install anywhere around the house.
3. Aurosports Mini HD 720P Wireless Wifi IP Camera Security camera with Infrared Night Vision/built in Loudspeaker support 32GB （Memory Card Not include）
Aurosports is one of the more affordable cameras that offer 720p video feeds. The model can be used for monitoring or surveillance and can capture audio feeds. The video footage can be saved on a network attached footage.
A useful feature is the infrared night vision sensor that can record footage even in complete absence of light. The model also includes a motion sensor that can be configured via the smartphone app or in a browser. For video storage purposes the model also comes with a memory card slot.
D-Link’s wireless surveillance cameras is a great option for the ones that need something packed with features, cheap and compact. The model can be connected to a wireless home network and if it has access to internet it can even be accessed from devices that are outside the network.
The model offers 720p video feeds and audio recordings. Its only downside is the fact that it does not have recording features but there are third party applications that can solve this problem.
Amcrest ProHD wireless camera is one of the few full HD surveillance camera. The model offers high quality video feeds with audio recordings. It can be connected to a regular wireless home network and supports a micro SD card for video storage. The model can also use a network attached storage to save the footage.
Like with any respectable surveillance camera it has its own dedicated app for Android and iOS smartphones and has dedicated PC software. The model includes advanced features such as sending screen captures over email and remote pan and tilt control.
Surveillance cameras can be extremely different one from another. The main features still remain the same and all of them have wireless connectivity and can be controlled remotely over the internet.
The more expensive cameras have additional features such as recording footage, night vision, motion sensors and several other perks. Those additional features might not be important for some people. Maybe camera size is the most important aspect. Our picklist includes models from all categories which should make it easy for you to find the best model for you.